I made a quilt for a friend that just had a baby. I used a super soft minky for the back. I just quilted in the ditch along each row. I used 9 inch squares with 4 of the squares cut in half, so that the squares are staggered. I was happy with how it was turning out until I added the satin blanket binding. I took it off several times then finally it seemed like it was going well, so I just finished. Now I keep looking at it and I am really unhappy with the wonkiness of it. Ugh. I will probably end up taking all of the binding off again.
I liked the idea of the soft cuddly back and satin trim to make it more appealing to a baby, but now I am thinking about using cotton fabric to bind it. Hopefully I will have take 2 next week.
At least there is some proof that I did get some sewing done this week.
Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone.