You know there are some projects that just don't turn out the way you envision them. I had about 3 different plans for this blanket before I actually was happy with the results.
I ended up taking off the satin binding and just doing a regular quilt binding. I sewed it to the front and then hand stitched it to the back. It is more time consuming, but I am always happier with the results when I take the time to do it this way.
I decided to stitch the baby's name on some twill tape to create a little tag on the back. I liked the personal touch that it added to the quilt. I am so glad that I am finally finished with this quilt.