With Halloween right around the corner, I thought I would revisit some tips for a Green Halloween. I wrote this post 2 years ago with some tips. Greenhalloween.org also has tons of awesome information on their website. I found these 10 tips, especially useful.
Here are my tips:
1. When choosing what to hand out to trick or treaters, think outside the box. My kids love FruitaBu or fruit leather. You could also hand out dried fuit, yogurt covered raisins, granola bars, or popcorn. You don't have to hand out food. Crayons, coins, stickers, and pretty rocks are all great options.
2. Make your own face paint. This recipe is from Green Halloween too.
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1.5 tsp all-natural diaper rash cream
- 1-2 drops of natural/organic food coloring
- .5-1 tsp of water (dependi ng on desired consistency)
3. Save your candy wrappers. Reuse the candy wrappers to make flowers for barrettes or presents. These bracelets would be a great craft to do with the kids. Lil Blue Boo also posted 10 things you can do with candy wrappers last week.