My obsession with art purses continues. This time I decided to use some denim that I had leftover from making these Garden Toolbelts. I made one for Harper as a trial run to try and work out any kinks. I originally decided to use the denim to eliminate the need for interfacing or an extra layer of flannel. However this denim is not really thick so the result was a little floppy. Harper does not seem to mind, but I knew that I would need to add an additional layer next time.
I made two more with a couple of modifications. These two are for my best friend's little girls. I am not even going to tell you when their birthdays were. It is rather embarrasing.
I made them art purses instead of notebook covers. I think they are easier to tote around with the handles. I added the extra layer of interfacing and also added a magnetic closure.
I am hoping this will cure my art purse and notebook obsession, but we will see.