Since I was not really satisfied with my first pouch, I had to have another go at it. I dug out a vintage pillowcase from my stash. I am realizing I have a bit of a pillowcase fetish, but that is a topic for another day. This time I went with a different sort of ruffle. It turned out ok, but I used a felted wool sweater for the lining to give it some body and it just doesn't feel right. The coloring for the denim purse is off in the photo below, but the pillowcase pouch looks ok. I was too lazy to try to fix it in photoshop.
On a more positive note, I actually made myself start knocking out my pending orders.
I finished this bib and burp cloth set late last week. Then Mitch was kind enough to take the kids to the park for a long bike ride so I had the house to myself Saturday morning. I was able to get all the coffee sleeves cut out and assembled. I was able to also sew an owl. Now I just need to sit down and applique the sleeves and put the finishing touches on the owl. Oh, and also finish the third pouch that I have cut out. Hopefully this one will turn out better than the first two. Working for an hour every day worked well last week so that is the goal for this week as well. Wish me luck.
Happy Crafty Tuesday everyone.