Thursday, April 16, 2009
As further evidence that I am a bit obsessed with food, I am going to share some of the food rules that I have created for myself. These rules are always changing and evolving.
Please tell me someone else does this too? Is this normal?
Here are some of my rules:
1. Dinner must include one green vegetable unless we are eating something like pizza. Sometimes we add spinach to pizza or eat a salad though.
2. If I eat dinner out, I only eat half of my meal and take the other half home. I feel less guilty this way.
3. I limit my bread intake even if it is whole wheat bread. For example, if I know we are going to have pizza for dinner I won't eat a sandwich for lunch.
4. I limit my intake of soy to one serving a day. If I have soymilk in my cereal, I won't put it in a smoothie or drink it in my tea. If I know I am going to have tofu, I don't drink any soymilk.
5. If I am having fruit as a snack, I feel like I need to add protein to it so I will usually grab a handful of walnuts or almonds to go with it.
6. I try not to eat anything after dinner.
7. I will only buy organic apples. I feel like I can taste all the pesticides and wax on conventional apples.
8. I avoid all artificial sweeteners and anything that contains High Fructose Corn Syrup.
9. I try to only have cheese once a day if at all.
10. If I am craving something sweet, I will have a couple of squares of dark chocolate and a cup of tea.
11. I rarely leave the house without something to drink (water or La Croix usually).
Now don't get me wrong. Sometimes rules have to be broken and I am definitely not perfect, but I always have these rules banging around in my head.
What kind of food rules do you have?