I thought a post summarizing some of the cute/strange/funny things happening at my house was in order. So here you go.
Star Wars according to my daughter:
- The gold shiny robot is C-creepio.
- The green cute guy is Kody.
- She is to be referred to as Princess Leia at all times. Please do not call her by her real name.
- Your Highness means Queen or Princess. So and I quote, "Daddy, when I ask for cereal in the morning, you can say yes your highness."
- The freezing of Hans Solo has caused her way too much angst.
- She is a Jedi knight and will fight any bad guys that may enter our house. Since I do not have my own light saber, she will protect me from evil. (Boy, that is a relief.)
- She has slept in her bathing suit the last 2 nights, which has nothing to do with Star Wars. It's just plain strange. I guess it is still better than the previous 2 nights, in which she wore no clothes at all.
With a 2 year old pretty much everything they say and do is funny, but here are some that come to mind.
- The other day he was eating a cereal bar and when I looked back at him (we were in the car), it was gone. I asked him what happened to his bar. He said "A bad guy took it". Hmmm. I can see a theme here.
- His favorite movie right now is Annie.
- He refers to his hair as "haircut". I have hair. He has a haircut. Makes sense, right?
- When he gets out of the bath, he has to have his hair spiked up or put into a mohawk.
- He has to dilute his own apple juice (from the fridge's water dispenser) and attempt to put the top on his sippy cup. If these exact steps are not followed, it is not pretty folks.
- Every ball is a soccer ball and if he wants to play ball he says, "I want to play soccer ball."
- While watching Star Wars, he constantly asks, "Where's Princess Leia?" or "What's that thingy?"