Friday, July 25, 2008
More Green Goals
Since I promised more green goals to my loyal and dedicated readers, I thought I should actually follow through on that promise. I have been brainstorming on what goals I want to accomplish next. This is what I have so far:
1. Unsubscribe to all those e-mails I get from stores tempting me to take advantage of their great sale. I have been deleting them, but for some odd reason have not wanted to unsubscribe. Maybe I am afraid I will miss out on the best sale ever. No more. I don't need to know.
2. Start shopping consignment and thrift stores for the kids fall wardrobe. I spend and buy way too many clothes for the kids, especially my little girl. (Girls clothes are so cute.) They ruin, stain, or outgrow them SO fast. What's the point? I am not sure how this will go, but I would like to only purchase each of them a couple of brand new things for next fall/winter. The rest will be used.
3. No more new books. I love to read books. I love to look at books. I love to buy books. I love just thinking about books. You get the idea, right? If I read every book in my possession that I have not read, it would probably take me a couple of years to finish. So I am officially on a book buying strike. I will get my fix from the library or maybe even read the ones I already have. Well, that's a novel idea. Get it. Novel idea. Ok. You get it.
4. Complete one sewing project using recycled materials. I have an idea for an apron using an old skirt, but my ideas always seem better in theory. Plus, will I really wear an apron? Maybe if it is cute enough. Looking all domestic might eliminate the dinner making dread. A girl can dream.
5. Stay away from Target. Seriously. I could probably find an excuse to go there every day. What is it about that store? I buy way too much junk and spend way too much money there.
These goals all revolve around consuming or buying less stuff. I know this is one of my biggest challenges so I am dedicating myself to it this month or next month. Whatever. It takes 21 days to break a habit, right ? So do you think Photoshop, a lens for my camera, or a Kindle would count? See I told you it would be tough. Wish me luck.........