- I bought some fabric for a tablecloth, which cost me $8.00. I plan to reuse the fabric to make a pillow case and maybe something else for my son. I could also sew gift bags with the leftover fabric.
- We used biodegradeable and compostable paper plates.
- I had a stash of plastic forks and napkins from previous parties that we used.
- We dug out these really cool glasses that we got as a wedding gift as well as my grandma's wine glasses, instead of using plastic ones.
- I tried to keep the food fairly healthy. We served Cottage Cheese Egg Muffins, fruit with a yogurt dip, apples and bananas with a chocolate peanut butter dip, and ham biscuits.
- I only had to do 2 party favor bags so that made things a little less complicated. I purchased 2 felt bags that had a dump truck on the front. I filled each bag with a matchbox truck, bubbles, and a package of fruit snacks.
Overall the party was a success and I feel pretty good about it. My daugther's party will be a different story, but that is for another post.